An expertly poured cocktail can set your party apart from the rest. If you want to impress your guests at your next get-together, here are some pointers to help ensure your drinks are delicious.
- Follow the ratio of 2:1:1, or two parts alcohol, one part tart, one part sweet. This is the perfect blend for a cocktail.
- There are many different types of cocktails, so be sure to have an understanding of the type you are pouring. For example, highballs like gin and tonics should be served in a tall glass with a sparkling mixer.
- Almost as much as the right amount, the right ingredient is key to a perfect cocktail. Using quality liquor will greatly improve the taste of your cocktail.
- Find out which cocktails need to be shaken or stirred before you begin. Mixing up this process can cause flavors to disappear or worse, become too apparent and ruin a drink.
- Not all drinks demand a garnish, so avoid being too flashy and unnecessary if the drink doesn’t need it. A simple twist of lime or lemon may be just the right touch.